Be Sure to Download the Free eBooks Below for More Business Thank You Letter Ideas
Imagine this, you have recently met two companies with regards to a supplier contract for your company. Both companies, A and B are equally qualified and their prices are pretty even. However, you don’t quite know which one you are going to choose because you were quite pleased with each company.
Let’s say you were leaning towards company A because there were a few points you liked. However, company B sends you a well written thank you letter that once again outlines the positive benefits that you may have forgotten about. Company A does not send you any follow up correspondence and you forget what it is you liked about the company.
You decide to go with company B because of the powerful benefits they have once again outlined and the professional nature presented by the company.
This is the power of a well thought out and professional thank you letter – A perfect opportunity to get your most powerful sales message back in front of your client’s eyes.
Business Thank You Letter Followup Systems
A lot of businesses often neglect the power of an organized follow up system that includes a thank you letter. The follow up system serves to keep you and your business in the minds of your customers and clients. A perfect opportunity to present your company’s most powerful benefits to you potential customer.
The letter not only thanks the other company for their time and consideration, it gives your company another opportunity to get it’s message across to a potential customer.
However, the letter must be well written in a professional format and tone, otherwise the letter could back fire on you. Therefore, when you are constructing your business thank you letter, it’s important that you follow the correct business letter format.
Remember, the follow up letter flows as the same as other business letters and correspondence. However, there are various business letter formats you may want to choose from. To view business letter formats, please click here.
A Followup Sequence Can Be Optimized To Improve Business Response and Close Rates
Firstly, I would send a thank you letter no latter than two days after your first meeting. This way you are still in your customers minds and your not forgotten.
Write to your client expressing your gratitude and thanks for the meeting. Remember, it doesn’t have to be a meeting, it could be also be something as informal as a talk over the telephone.
The structure of the business thank you letter is as follows:
- The first part of the thank you letter states your purpose. This of course is the expression of gratitude.
- The second part of the thank you letter gives the details or background information for the first part. If you are thanking the customer, you will go into a little more detail about the meeting.
- The last part of the thank you letter acts as a summary of the general nature of the letter. It may be a thank you or it may restate what has been said in the first part of the letter. For example: Thank you once again for taking the time to meet with Wilson and Sons.
Points to Remember
Points to remember when you write a business thank you letter:
- Use a pleasant tone (never, ever sound aggressive!)
- State the purpose of the letter in the first part
- Give the background and details in the second part to further explain the first part
- Summarize the business thank you letter in the last part
- Make sure the business thank you letter is sincere
- Personalize the letter so that it doesn’t sound like a cookie cutter
- If you received the letter, would you be convinced of the sincerity?
Business Letter Format Example
1800 Fringe Ave, Kettle Creeks, MN 28745
July 25, 2020
25 Forest Ave
Pearson, MN 54789
Dear Mr. Allan:
On behalf of the management at Johnson’s Technical, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule to meet with me. The meeting was a pleasant and professional experience.
Johnson’s Technical very much appreciates your invitation for a face to face meeting and the experience was a very positive one. We learned a great deal about your company and the important projects that are currently under way with regards to your research and development. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed our presentation.
Based on what I learned about your company, I feel that our products compliment each other in the research and development departments. As you know, Johnson’s Technical is very much committed to providing top quality research products to specialized firms such as Allan Inc. Our service has been recognized by industry experts as being one of the most dependable and professional in the market.
I hope that both of our companies can benefit from a mutual and rewarding relationship.
I would like to once again thank you and your staff for a superb meeting.
Executive Vice President
Use the Business Thank You Letter Samples Found in These Free eBooks